12 October 2010

Day 12

Today is all about BOO-ing so I wanted to include a recipe that is SOOOOOO DELISH and can easily be made to look like little ghosts!  Technically they are Oreo Truffles (oh, YUM!) but this season we will call them:
Ghost Truffles
1 package oreo cookies
1 8oz. package cream cheese (softened)
white chocolate bark

1. Finely crush 7 cookies in a food processor or place them in a ziploc bag and crush into a fine consistency.  Set aside.
2. Crush remaining cookies and stir in softened cream cheese. Use the back of a large spoon to help mash the two together.
3. Roll the mixture into 1″ balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet.
**hint** put balls in freezer so they are easier to dip in chocolate.
4. Melt chocolate as directed on the package and then dip balls into chocolate, tap off extra and set aside on wax paper covered cookie sheet to dry. You can sprinkle the tops with the 7 crushed cookies for decoration.
*refrigerate when dry- or just eat them all!!
I so love being BOO-ed!!  Unfortunately, I don't live in a neighborhood so my chances of being BOO-ed are slim.  However, I certainly can BOO someone else.  And so can you!  I just found this poem yesterday and I simply LOVE it!  There are less than 20 days until Halloween!  So get BOO-ing!

The air is cool, the season fall,
Soon Halloween will come to all.
Ghosts and goblins, spooks galore…
Tricky witches at your door.
The spooks are after things to do,
In fact a spook brought this “Boo” to you!
The excitement comes when friends like you,
Copy this note and make it two.
We’ll all have smiles upon our faces,
No one will know who “BOO”ed who’s places!
Just two short days to work your spell,
Keep it secret, hide it well.
Please join the fun, the season's here .
Just spread these “BOO’s” and Halloween cheer.

For todays craft I wanted to include a FREE PRINTABLE version of the BOO-ed poem so you can print it off and BOO someone this very night!  I left it pretty plain (black and white) because the person you are BOO-ing will have to make a copy of it.  But you can still dress it up cute!
Have a BOO-tiful night!!

4 comments:

  1. http://www.beenbooed.com/

    Check out this site. All the work has been done for you. There is even an office version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog yesterday, and I love it! I love the recipe, quote, and craft thing. I'm always looking for all three and here they are in one conventient place! So many great ideas and yummy looking food. I'll be doing the Ghost truffles this week, and thanks for the printable. We already got our "boo" on last week. It's a tradition. Can't wait to see what you'll have tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Making a copy right now! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete