14 October 2010

Day 14

I have this fabulous book

and every recipe I have tried has been divine!  I wanted to share one of my favorites today because I saw this picture on family.go.com
and it made me want to combine my two favorite things- chocolate and Jack Skellington!!
So here is the recipe:
Chocolate Cream-Filled Cupcakes
1 box chocolate cake mix
3 eggs
1 cup sour cream

1. Mix together cake mix, eggs, and sour cream until smooth.
2. Bake at 350 F for 15-18 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
3. Cool completely on wire rack.
4. When cupcakes are cool, cut the top off and pull out some of the cake filling, leaving a solid wall of cake to support the filling.

Filling: 
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup powered sugar

5. Whip the cream until stiff peaks form and add powered sugar.
6. Add whipped cream by the spoonful to the holes of the all cupcakes and top with cupcake lid.  
7. Frost to look like Jack!!

 
You wouldn't believe
On All Hallow Eve
What lots of fun we can make,
With apples to bob,
And nuts on the hob,
And a ring-and-thimble cake.
- Carolyn Wells


marthastewart.com
I SO love a bubbling cauldron!!  This makes any drink so much tastier!  
For this bubbling cauldron you need a cauldron (can be plastic), dry ice and another non-glass bowl.  I use my large metal mixing bowl.  
Put pieces of the dry ice into the cauldron then cover the ice with water.  
Next place your non-glass bowl in the cauldron and pour your drink into it.  
The next thing I need to get my hands on is a cool, spooky ladle to scoop the drink out with!  
**note** you need to buy enough dry ice to allow you to keep putting pieces in throughout the night.  I bought  mine at Kroger- it was the only grocery store that carried it- and I think I just bought one block and it lasted the whole party.  Buy it as close to start time as possible and keep it in a cooler.  

1 comment:

  1. That looks so cool with the colored light shining through the fog! Love all your Halloween quotes.

    ReplyDelete