06 October 2010

Day 6

Baked Buttercup
(doesn't that sound delish!?- it is!)
First you need a delicious buttercup squash.
Then you cut it in half and place the halves face down in a dish filled with 1 inch of water.
Bake at 350 F for 40 minutes or until tender.
Then turn right side up and fill the center with butter and brown sugar!  The recipe I have only asks for 1 teaspoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar but that is not enough for me!  I use about 1 tablespoon of butter in each half and sprinkle the whole thing until it's covered with brown sugar!  I'm such a health nut!  hehehe!!
Bake for 10 more minutes and then ENJOY your autumn goodness!!

Double, double toil and trouble; 
Fire burn and cauldron bubble!
-Shakespeare

Glitter Pumpkins!!!
I bought these little pumpkins at the dollar store last year to display as is, but this year I've decided to take them glam-spooky!
 First, I removed the stem and painted the stem black.  
Now learn from my mistake: The first pumpkin I covered in glue but then when I pored the glitter on it I could still see the orange.  
 So I got smart and painted it black first.  I immediately pored glitter straight onto the paint.  I did one half at a time and I thought that made it pretty easy.  

 Then I put the stem back on and put it in my kitchen!  Perfect!


2 comments:

  1. Just want you to know that I'm enjoying your Halloween count down. I love Halloween!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Debbie!!! I'm so glad! Isn't Halloween the best?!

    ReplyDelete