07 October 2010

Day 7

Graveyard Gravel Fudge

3  cups  semisweet chocolate pieces
1  14-ounce can  sweetened condensed milk
2  tablespoons  butter or margarine
1-1/2  tsp.  vanilla
Dash  salt
2  cups  tiny marshmallows
Unsweetened cocoa powder mixed with an equal amount of powdered sugar
Powdered sugar
1. Line a 9x9x2-inch baking pan with foil and set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, heat and stir chocolate pieces, condensed milk, butter, vanilla, and salt over medium heat until melted and smooth.
3. Remove from heat and stir in marshmallows just until combined.  
4. Spread mixture evenly in the prepared pan and swirl the marshmallows through the fudge using a knife. 
5. Cover and chill about 2 hours or until firm.
6. Using a small scoop, scoop fudge and shape into rocks.
7. Roll some in cocoa power mixture and some in powered sugar.
Store in airtight container for up to 3 days. 




I made this for my Halloween party last year.  I put it in a cauldron and then placed the witch fingers in it.  It was great to be able to display the fingers in something that was also edible!


A gypsy fire is on the hearth,
Sign of the carnival of mirth;
Through the dun fields and from the glade
Flash merry folk in masquerade,
For this is Hallowe'en!
~Author Unknown


Bloody candles!

I saw these candles in several places before I decided that I needed them in my house!  Hopefully you will feel the same and add them to your spooky collection!  All you need is a white candle and a red candle. 
Drip red wax down the white candle,
and display! 


I'm excited for tomorrow!  I'm going to be posting a FREE PRINTABLE that I think you might like!  

No comments:

Post a Comment